Full Day Worthington Glacier Hike – Currently Unavailable
Full Day Worthington Glacier Hike
A full day of walking on the ice. Designed for a challenging day and a great workout. This trip is for moderately fit participants who want to explore the upper reaches of the glacier.
7+ Hours Trip Length(4 hours hiking / 1 hour lunch break)
- Guide Services
- Basic Instruction
- Crampons, Trekking poles, helmet
- Rain Gear
- Day pack
- Neoprene Gloves
- Van Transportation to the Glacier
- Park Fees
DifficultyDifficult - Strenuous
Glacier Hike Itinerary:
- Hour 1: Meet at Pangaea Adventures to get fitted into crampons. We take our van up to Worthington Glacier via Keystone Canyon and Thompson Pass.
- Hour 2-3: Start from the parking area at Worthington Glacier State Park. A paved and dirt path leads to the toe of the glacier. Once at the glacier, we strap the crampons on our shoes and step onto the ice. We hike upward towards the second tier of Worthington glacier and explore the crevasses and sculptured blue ice.
- Hour 4: Have a seat and enjoy the expansive view for a lunch break. We serve hot drinks.
- Hour 5-6: If your feeling strong we'll head further up the glacier to maximize our views. Then walk back down to the parking area.
- Hour 7: Return to the van and relax as the van heads back over Thompson Pass and through Keystone Canyon back to Valdez. If we have time, we will stop for a photo opportunity of the waterfalls in Keystone Canyon.