Medium - adventurous people in good condition
Adult: $109pp, Child: 10% off (13 & under)
Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park
Sea Kayak to Gold Creek State Park
Starting from the small boat harbor we will venture into Port Valdez on a coastal exploration to Gold Creek State Park. The paddle will treat us to sights of seals, sea lions and sea otters. Enjoy this more remote paddle to a wonderful beach for a picnic lunch.
Hike through ancient rain forests to cascading waterfalls. Keep your eyes peeled for black bears and jumping salmon. The return to Valdez will follow the same route back to the small boat harbor. This tour is an excellent choice for those who have a longer day and are looking for a bit more of a challenge.
- 6 Hours Total
- (1 hour of instruction and outfitting, 4 hours paddling, & 1 hour lunch break)
- Kayak Equipment
- Guide Services
- Park Fees
Hour by Hour Itinerary
- Hour 1: Gear up and on-land instruction.
- Hour 2-3: Load into the kayaks and paddle from the harbor to Gold Creek State Park.
- Hour 4: Lunch break on the beach and take a hike to view the waterfalls and old growth spruce forest.
- Hour 5-6: Paddle back along the coast to the small boat harbor and return to the Pangaea office.
What Our Clients Say