Beginner - anyone excited for Alaskan wilderness!
Custom Dates Only, late May - early September
$13,200 total (up to 6 guests)
Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park
The perfect charter boat-based exploration of Prince William Sound. Enjoy sea kayaking, hiking, good company, tasty cuisine, ice and wildlife, all from the comfort of a yacht! Visit Shoup Glacier, Columbia Glacier, Glacier Island, and various tranquil, remote bays.
Spend the days paddling or hiking and the evenings relaxing on board. This 6 day cruise offers great potential to view whales and bears.
Ultimately, 6 days is the ideal length for a Mothership Yacht Charter in Alaska, and there is no finer coastal spread in Alaska than Prince William Sound.
6 Guest Maximum Group Size per Boat
Departs Valdez, Alaska (with an option to integrate Whittier for either a pick-up or drop-off)
- -Sea Kayaking
- -Scenic Cruising
- -Beach Walks
- -Relaxing on Board
- -Polar Bear Swim Anyone?
- -Meals Listed in Itinerary
- -Kayak Equipment
- -Guide Services
- -Accommodations on board
- -Park Fees
- Easy (relaxing and active)
Sample Day by Day Itinerary - Mothership Charter in Prince William Sound
This charter boat-based sea kayaking tour of Prince William Sound is designed for the adventurous traveler interested in a six day vacation filled with spectacular scenery, wildlife, and activity. Novice or experienced kayakers and sailors welcome.
- Day 1 - Meet at the shop in Valdez, Alaska at around 9:00 a.m. for an introductory lesson on sea kayaking. From there we go down to the charter boat and meet the captain and cook. Once aboard the yacht the captain will assign each person or couple their private birth and introduce everyone to the features and comforts available aboard the sailing craft. The vessel will depart from the dock around noon. The first afternoon is spent at Shoup Glacier State Park. We get into the kayaks and paddle up a pretty fjord to where a glacier comes down to the water. There are also great hiking opportunities here. Returning to the charter boat we can relax on deck for the cruise to our night's anchor in Sawmill Bay. (L) (D)
- Day 2 - Wake up to a hot breakfast and a scenic cruise to Glacier Island for a paddle with the sea lions. Enjoy a picnic lunch while keeping your eyes on watch for Humpback and Orca Whales. An option hike brings us to a peak on the Island to overlook Columbia Glacier. During the evening we enjoy the calm waters of Jackson Cove and relax on deck after a fine dinner. (B) (L) (D)
- Day 3 - We sail to Eagle falls and set anchor with an amazing view. If you are feeling adventurous we can go for a hike to the top of the falls for an exciting look back down on the sailboat. There is even a lake which offers a refreshing swim at the top of the falls. During dinner we cruise towards Meares Glacier to find another remote cover to anchor in for the evening. (B) (L) (D)
- Day 4 - Paddle the dramatic Meares Glacier. There are often seals hauled up on the floating ice and great glacier calving activity. This destination offers a dramatic scene with it being a narrow fjord and towering mountains all around. (B) (L) (D)
- Day 5 - This day offers another glacier paddle. Explore the icebergs of Prince William Sound's largest tide water glacier, the Columbia Glacier. There are commonly seals, sea otters, and an impressive array of seabirds in Heather Bay. A relaxing evening in Emerald Cove is a great way to finish the day. (B) (L) (D)
- Day 6 - An early start allows us to have a full day of activity before we return to Valdez by early afternoon. Paddle Galena Bay and search for sea stars and spawning salmon. We typically get good winds to sail back to port. (B) (L)