Beginner - anyone excited for Alaskan wilderness!
Custom Dates Only, June - September
$1140pp, Two Person Minimum
Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park
4 Day Shoup & Anderson Glacier Backpack of Prince William Sound
Prince William Sound hiking with panoramic views. 4 days of backpacking near a marine glacier then upward into the high country of the Chugach Mountains.
This challenging hike offers expansive view and fits all budgets. From tide-water to tundra, we enjoy a variety of landscapes.
- -Optional Sea Kayaking into Shoup Bay
- -Meals Listed in Itinerary
- -Group camping gear
- -Tents & Sleeping Kit
- -Guide Services
- -Motoboat Transportation
- -Park Fees
4 Day Shoup & Anderson Glacier Backpack
4 days exploring the Chugach mountains surrounding Prince William Sound. We start at the Shoup Glacier and hike up to Westerbrook Glacier, Anderson Pass and Anderson Glacier. A great way to see the sights of Prince William Sound.
- Day 1- Meet in Valdez. We suggest getting to Valdez the day before departure. We spend an hour or so reviewing gear and packing the backpacks. We will ride out on our water taxi to Shoup Bay and get dropped off at the beach to begin the hike. We will kayak and hike the shoreline up to Shoup Glacier before heading upward towards our first camp. (Lunch)(Dinner)
- Day 2 - We will start with an exploration of the Westerbrook glacier and the many pools dotting the mountain. Anyone up for a swim? We enjoy camp well above Shoup Bay with prime views of the glacier below. (Breakfast)(Lunch)(Dinner)
- Day 3 - We will traverse the hillside in the afternoon to reach Anderson Pass. This expansive area offers panoramic views and great tundra hiking. The guide will find a comfortable campsite with photo opportunities in every direction. We can explore the base of Anderson Glacier using our crampons. (Breakfast)(Lunch)(Dinner)
- Day 4 - An early start will give us plenty of time to work our way back down to Shoup Bay for the water taxi ride back to Valdez. Enjoy the scene of cascading waterfalls and an ever changing glacial landscape.