A Covid Conscious Business
Pangaea Adventures is proudly recognized by the city of Valdez as being a “Covid Conscious” business, which means we have met a strict set of guidelines and taken various precautions to help mitigate the spread of the infectious Covid-19 coronavirus.
We take your health, safety, and vacation seriously! Please help us remain open by respectfully minding and following these protocols:
- We practice and promote social distancing the best that we can.
- We require the proper use of face masks while in the office, inside the cabin on board the water taxis, and wherever proper social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- We provide hand sanitizer and encourage everyone to use it frequently. We also advise all guests to bring extra.
- We continuously practice proper respiratory etiquette, meaning we demonstrate and promote always coughing or sneezing into a tissue (or the inside of one’s elbow), to promptly throw it away, and quickly thereafter wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer.
- We ask our guests to be mindful of not sharing equipment, food, or drink with non-household group members while on our trips.
- We encourage any guests exhibiting or experiencing any signs or symptoms of illness to not participate, but instead to stay home, self isolate, and contact their local health provider.
Additionally, we regularly clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces throughout the day, and we’ve enhanced training for all staff on personal hygiene, disinfection procedures, and general proper Covid-19 etiquette maintenance, as well as Covid-19 infection response protocols.
Please note, any visitors to Alaska are currently required to arrive with proof of a qualifying negative Covid-19 test that has been administered within 72 hours of departure.
For more specs, please check out: https://covid19.alaska.gov/